Keep It is a notebook, scrapbook and organizer, useful for writing notes, saving web links, documents, images or any kind file, and finding them again. Available on iPhone and iPad, and as a separate app for Mac, Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Keep It is the successor to Together. Find information for Together users at the bottom of the page.
Download Keep It from the App Store and choose a monthly or yearly subscription to get a free trial. Cancel the subscription any time up to 24-hours before the trial expires and you will not be charged. Read more about subscriptions.
Notes, Links and Everything Else
Create notes with built-in styles that look good and read well on all your devices. Notes can contain checklists, bulleted and numbered lists, dividers, links, sketches, images and other attachments.
Save Web Links
Save web links to Keep It, view them in the app, open them in your browser, or save them as PDFs or web archives for offline reading.
Any kind of file can be created from stationery, added to Keep It in the app or while working in other apps. Documents can be opened for editing in any other application that can open that kind of file. Any item can be encrypted with a password.
Preview and Edit
Keep It generates thumbnails and summaries for most files, can edit its own notes, Markdown, rich and plain text documents, add highlights and notes to PDFs, and show images, web pages and most other documents.
Keep It can store everything in iCloud and make it available on your iPad, iPhone, and Mac too, with Keep It for Mac.
Share Folders and Items
Keep it can share top-level folders and individual items with other Keep It users via iCloud. Participants will see all changes automatically.
Folders let you organize items and bundles hierarchically, when needed. Select a folder to see everything it contains. Swipe right on any expandable folder to focus on it. Use drag and drop to rearrange folders, bundles and items.
When you need to gather things into one place, make a bundle. Items can be in more than one bundle at a time, and when you remove the bundle, everything else stays where it was.
Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition. Labels are listed at the top-level on iPhone or sidebar on iPad, so you can quickly see everything with a particular label.
Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately, with the latest shown at the top. Favorites provide quick access. Deleted Items are automatically removed after 30 days.
Search and Filter
Keep It can search the content of most files, and can recognize text in scanned PDFs and images, including attachments. While searching, suggestions appear as you type, allowing you to narrow down results to exactly what you need. Save searches for later reuse.
Keep It’s Tag Filter makes finding things by their tags easy, and works with search and the selected list. Choose a tag to see all the tagged items and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further.
Where You Need It
Add web links, text, photos and videos from within other apps with Keep It's Share extension, available in most apps. As you do, you can choose to append text to an existing note, specify tags, and choose a destination folder or bundle.
Works with Other Apps
Keep It integrates with the Files app so you can access everything in Keep It from within other apps. Drag and drop files, text and links to Keep It on iPad. You can also copy clickable links to items for use in other apps, and automate with Shortcuts or x-callback-urls.
Information for Together Users
Keep It is the successor to Together, and Keep It for Mac can import your Together libraries. While many things will be familiar, Keep It offers some great new ideas and improvements, including:
View and Edit
- Dark Mode
- Summaries and thumbnails in the list
- Icon view for browsing items by their thumbnails
- Predefined and custom styles for notes and improved file attachments
- Text for notes and rich text scaled to match the Text Size setting on iPad and iPhone
- Insert dividers in notes
- Edit Markdown files with syntax coloring and a choice of editor and preview styles
- See a word count for notes, Markdown, rich text and plain text documents
- Automatically rename items created from stationery
- Add sketches to notes
- Annotate PDFs and images, both standalone files and attachments
Organize and Manage
- Folders can show all items in nested folders and bundles
- Contextual menus
- iCloud sharing for both folders and individual items
- Swipe right on any expandable folder to focus on it and the things it contains
- Recents list shows added and edited items across all your Macs and iOS devices
- Deleted items automatically removed after 30 days
- Selecting multiple items shows options to add them to a bundle, move to a folder, change the label or add tags
- Color-coded lists, and custom colors for labels
- Each list can have its own sort and view settings
- Scan multi-page documents using the camera
- Save web links as PDFs or web archives in the app and share extension
- Share extension can append text and web links to notes and other editable text files
- Add files, text and links with drag and drop on iPad
- Add notes and append text to notes with Siri
- Works with the Files app
- Extensive Shortcuts support for creating notes, automating imports and working with items
- Supports x-callback-urls for automating imports
Search and Filter
- Search the current list or All Items
- Choose from suggestions, and combine suggestions to create complex searches
- Text recognition makes scanned PDFs and images searchable, including attachments
- Refine searches with keywords and natural language for dates
- Save searches for later reuse
- Search Keep It with Siri
- Find and highlight occurrences of text in all editable text files, PDFs, web pages and more
- Create and edit powerful saved searches that match items against multiple rules
- Tag Filter can filter combinations of tags in the same straightforward way on both Mac and iOS
…but just about everything in Keep It is more refined, works better, faster, and often makes more sense.