Keep It is a notebook, scrapbook and organizer, useful for writing notes, saving web links, documents, images or any kind file, and finding them again. Available on iPhone and iPad, and as a separate app for Mac, Keep It is the destination for all those things you want to put somewhere, confident you will find them again later.
Download Keep It from the App Store and choose a monthly or yearly subscription to get a free trial. Cancel the subscription any time up to 24-hours before the trial expires and you will not be charged. Read more about subscriptions.
New in Keep It 2
Keep It 2 adds Quick Open and Quick File on iPad, minimal web pages, the ability to reorder lists in the sidebar, a redesigned items list, favorites at the top, a streamlined UI for editing and viewing items, improved text formatting controls, improved search, improved PDF viewing and Markdown previews, improved linking between items, the ability to duplicate items, tags in the Files app, and more. See What’s New In Keep It 2 for a full list.
Notes, Links and Everything Else
Create notes with built-in styles that look good and read well on all your devices. Notes can contain checklists, bulleted and numbered lists, dividers, links, sketches, images and other attachments.
Any kind of file can be created from stationery, added to Keep It in the app or while working in other apps. Documents can be opened for editing in any other application that can open that kind of file. Any item can be encrypted with a password.
Save Web Links
Save web links to Keep It, view them in the app, open them in your browser, save them as PDFs or web archives for offline reading, or convert them to editable notes.
Preview and Edit
Keep It generates thumbnails and summaries for most files, can edit its own notes, Markdown, rich and plain text documents, add highlights and notes to PDFs, and show images, web pages and most other documents.
Keep It can store everything in iCloud and make it available on your iPad, iPhone, and Mac too, with Keep It for Mac.
Share Folders and Items
Keep it can share top-level folders and individual items with other Keep It users via iCloud. Participants will see all changes automatically.
Folders let you organize items and bundles hierarchically, when needed. Select a folder to see everything it contains. Swipe right on any expandable folder to focus on it. Use drag and drop to rearrange folders, bundles and items.
Use labels to color-code items for quick visual recognition. Labels are listed at the top-level on iPhone or sidebar on iPad, so you can quickly see everything with a particular label.
When you need to gather things into one place, make a bundle. Items can be in more than one bundle at a time, and when you remove the bundle, everything else stays where it was.
Use the Recents list to see things you’ve added or viewed lately, with the latest shown at the top. Favorites provide quick access. Deleted Items are automatically removed after 30 days.
Search and Filter
Keep It can search the content of most files, and can recognize text in scanned PDFs and images, including attachments. While searching, suggestions appear as you type, allowing you to narrow down results to exactly what you need. Save searches for later reuse.
Keep It’s Tag Filter makes finding things by their tags easy, and works with search and the selected list. Choose a tag to see all the tagged items and any other relevant tags; choose another tag to drill down further.
Where You Need It
Add web links, text, photos and videos from within other apps with Keep It’s Share extension, available in most apps. As you do, you can choose to append text to an existing note, specify tags, and choose a destination folder or bundle.
Works with Other Apps
Keep It integrates with the Files app so you can access everything in Keep It from within other apps. Drag and drop files, text and links to Keep It on iPad. You can also copy clickable links to items for use in other apps, and automate with Shortcuts or x-callback-urls.
What’s New in Keep It 2 for iPad and iPhone
- Manually reorder folders, bundles and saved searches in the Lists view
- Filter folders and bundles while organizing
- See and assign Keep It tags in the Files app
- Use Quick File on iPad with a hardware keyboard to quickly move items to a folder or add them to a bundle
- See favourite items at the top of the list
- Redesigned list view shows larger thumbnails and longer names
- Icon view shows document thumbnails by their width
- Duplicate individual items in the list
- Action menu provides quick access to functions for editors and previews
- See items that link to the current item in the Info view
- See instant search suggestions to go beyond searching with text
- Find items with checklists and highlighted text
- Redesigned saved search editor
- Use Quick Open on iPad with a hardware keyboard to quickly go to any list or item by typing its name
Notes & Text Editing
- Redesigned format view shows note styles, fonts, colors etc in one place
- Edit paragraph settings for saved note styles
- Adjustable display margins for notes, rich text, and Markdown documents
- Easily insert a link to another Keep It item or list
- See task lists in Markdown previews
- Reader mode for web links and saved web page
- Save web links in a minimal format
- Convert minimal format web pages to editable notes
- Navigate PDFs by thumbnails, or the document outline (if available)
- Reorder, rotate, and remove pages in the thumbnails view