OS X 10.8 or later.
May 16, 2013
- Fixed a problem where automatic import would not work.
- Fixed a problem searching the contents of files in the Inbox.
- Fixed a crash when autosaving web archives.
- Fixed a problem where opening Together notes via the Finder or Spotlight could create a duplicate file in Together.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when exporting groups to the Finder.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the app could not move or rename a file.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing bookmarks.
- Fixed a problem where it was possible to include invalid characters in filenames in the portrait list.
- Fixed a problem where tag bundles from a version 2 library wouldn't appear in the tag browser.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when removing groups, or items from within groups.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when importing other libraries.
- Fixed a problem in Web Content preferences where the custom stylesheet pop-up did not work.
- Ensure the confirmation sheet is not shown when removing items from the library if the Advanced preference has been unchecked.
- Restored the version 2 functionality of the Remove button / Remove from Group menu command.
- Added the ability to submit forms in bookmark previews.
Download: Together_3.0.1.dmg (7.8 MB)
OS X 10.8 or later.
May 11, 2013
- Fixed problems that could occur when using the Yojimbo or Evernote importers.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when creating a note in the Inbox.
- Fixed a problem where items created via browser bookmarklets may not be imported correctly.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing files by linking.
- Fixed a crash that could occur after a file has been autosaved.
- Fixed a problem where the portrait split view size may not be restored correctly after relaunch.
- Fixed a display issue with the shortcut keys shown in Import and Shelf preferences.
- Fixed a problem where the app could hang while indexing.
- Updated the "Save PDF to Together" service to prevent it opening the old version of the app. An installer is now also available for the Mac App Store version from the Together Downloads page.
OS X 10.8 or later.
May 9, 2013
- iCloud sync in the Mac App Store version
- Stationery to create any type of file
- Thumbnails for items
- Inbox for unfiled items
- Navigation history for the item list
- Mini Info shows just the info you need above previews
- Tab exposé to switch between tabs visually
- Autosave and versions for edited items
- Favorites in the sidebar
- Shelf improvements for notes and previews
- Many other new features and improvements
iCloud Sync (Mac App Store version)
- Together can now create and open libraries in iCloud that are synced with your other Macs.
- Only new libraries can be stored in iCloud, it's not possible to move existing libraries to iCloud, but other Together libraries can be imported into iCloud libraries.
- When a library is stored in iCloud, it is not possible to reveal original files or folders in the Finder (the Finder doesn't support it).
- Files cannot be linked to libraries stored in iCloud. When moving a library to iCloud, you will be offered to copy or move the linked files to the library, and in the case of moving, you can optionally place aliases in the files' original locations.
- If you have iCloud enabled, global stationery will always be synced with iCloud and library-specific stationery will be synced if that library is stored in iCloud.
- Together can now create new items from stationery files. RTF, RTFD and Plain Text are built-in. Stationery can be set to apply to a specific library or all libraries.
- Added a New Document preference to General Preferences to allow any global stationery item to be used when pressing ⌘N instead of creating a new note.
- Clicking the Stationery toolbar button can create a new item based on default or last used stationery. Clicking the drop-down arrow shows a list of stationery and an option to show the Stationery Chooser.
- File > New from Stationery menu item lists stationery and allows you to show the Stationery Chooser.
- The Stationery Chooser can be used to browse, preview (with Quick Look), reveal, rename and remove stationery items. Files can also be dragged here to become stationery items.
- Save any item as stationery by choosing File > Save As Stationery from the menu.
- New Note and Add are now a single item.
- Added Stationery button.
- The Layout item is no longer in the default toolbar, but still available.
- Tabs now span the whole width of the library window.
- The active and open tabs are now preserved across launches. Hold on the Shift key when starting up to prevent that.
- The source is hidden in item preview tabs by default. An option to show it is in the View Options panel.
- Tab Exposé allows you to see all tabs in a grid by clicking the button to the right of the tabs.
- Thumbnails of up to 6 tabs will be shown for each Tab Exposé page and dots represented each page shown below. Clicking the thumbnail to switch to that tab or the dots to switch pages.
- Keyboard navigation available using arrow keys, with space or Enter to switch to the selected tab and Escape to return to the original tab.
- A "Show All Tabs" menu item will also show Tab Exposé.
- Command-clicking the name of an item's tab will now show a path menu (except for items in iCloud libraries).
- New style icon buttons for switching between Groups and Tags.
- New function bar at the bottom matches the color of the source list and shows a shadow above the list when scrolling is possible.
- Source lists use the new inline cell style for item count, etc.
- New monochrome icons for groups in the outline.
- New Inbox folder shows newly imported items that have not been added to any groups or folders, and folders that have been imported directly to the Inbox. By default, imports will be added to the Inbox, unless a specific folder or group is specified, or the Inbox is hidden.
- Added an "Unfiled" smart group rule for finding items that aren't in any user-created groups or folders.
- Recent Imports Group has been renamed to "Last Import Group" and no longer keeps a list of previous imports. Instead the group shows the latest import or all imports while the app was inactive until these are manually removed or the next import occurs (like version 1.x).
- It is now possible to filter groups, using Command-F to show the search field when the groups outline has focus.
- The Trash folder as been moved under the Library heading.
- Standard smart groups for each kind of item now appear under an "Items" heading, which can be collapsed.
- The groups outline now uses the system-wide size set in General System Preferences.
- Group Info now appears in a popover and can be seen by pressing Space as well as Command-I.
- Together now remembers whether the Groups header was collapsed the last time the app was run.
- Removed the ability to set custom group icons as these won't be used in most of the app. Custom folder icons set in the Finder are still used when color icons are used.
Favorites in the Groups Outline
- A new Favorite Items group can be found under the Library heading.
- Favorite Groups can now be shown in their own section in the groups outline.
- Drag a group or folder to the Favorite Groups heading to make it a favorite.
- When a group or item is a favorite, the "Add to Favorites" menu command now shows "Remove From Favourites" instead of being disabled.
- When a favorite group is selected, a "Select Favorite in Groups" menu item is available to reveal and select the favourite group under the Groups heading.
- The Trash folder is now shown under the Library system tag bundle instead of Groups.
- Favorite Items are now shown under the Library system tag bundle.
- Inbox is now shown under the Imports system tag bundle.
- A warning icon is now shown for missing folders in the tags browser.
- Now uses the system medium row height.
- New Icon mode shows scalable thumbnails and can be seen in both portrait and landscape orientations.
- Renamed the "Remove" contextual menu item to "Remove from Group", and it's now disabled if removing the selected items from the group means moving them to the Trash.
- New style rows for portrait list with a cleaner layout and thumbnail-style previews instead of document icons.
- There are now two sizes for the portrait list: small and large.
- Labels are no longer drawn as gradients in lists.
- Portrait mode's small size will now show the same additional info (such as tags, label, rating, kind) as the large size, instead of always the date modified.
- New column header style for the landscape list.
- Icons can now be hidden entirely in the portrait list.
- Icon previews are no longer used in the landscape view.
- Relative dates are now shown by default. The setting can be found in View Options.
- Encrypted items now always show an encrypted file icon, even when they're being viewed, and no longer show lock icons next to the filename.
- It's now possible to navigate the history of previewed items / groups.
- Swipe left and right or use the back / forward arrows above the Items list to navigate history.
- Go Back / Go Forward menu commands with corresponding shortcut keys are available in the View menu.
- A configurable Info view is now shown above item previews in both portrait and landscape orientations. Name and tags are shown by default, but comments, dates, labels and ratings can also be displayed. Configure using the View Options panel or by right-clicking the icons.
- Items can be added to favourites by clicking the star to the right of the name field in the Mini Info view.
- Full Info for items is now shown as a popover from the Info button in the toolbar.
- When pressing Space or ⌘I in the item list, the Info popover is shown next to the items (only ⌘I does this when the preview is hidden).
- Enabling the "Edit new item name" option in General preferences will focus on the name field in the mini info view when creating new items. This replaces the "Edit new item name in list" option, and works both when creating items in the list or in new tabs. This option has no effect when mini Info is hidden.
- In the popover, the date fields are now pickers instead of text fields.
- The preview can now be hidden in portrait mode.
- When the preview is hidden, no file data is loaded until the preview is made visible again.
- When the preview is hidden, press Space in the Items list to see a Quick Look preview of the selected items. Press ⌘Y to see this when the preview is visible.
- A new Preview menu shows appropriate commands for the current preview type (e.g. notes, web archives, movies).
- When searching the text of PDFs, web archives and Quick Look previews a find bar is shown above, instead of a Find panel.
- When finding text in HTML web pages (such as web archives and previewed bookmarks), it is now possible to Find Next, Find Previous and Use Selection for Find commands.
- Commands to zoom previews are now shown in the Preview main menu instead of the View menu.
- When dragging files to notes and text documents, a hyperlink is now inserted by default, except for images. To embed a file, hold on the Option key while dragging. To link to an image file, hold on the Command key. For plain text files a URL is always inserted.
- When clicking file URLs for documents, the document is opened rather than revealed in the Finder.
- Together now automatically detects links that use its own item and group URL schemes.
- When the "Automatically rename notes when saved" option is chosen in the Notes section of Preview preferences, note names will be changed every time the first line of the note is saved, rather than just the first time.
Autosave & Versions
- Edited items are now automatically saved when changes are made.
- Versions of items are saved, so if you make an accidental edit, you can revert to a previous version with the File > Revert menu.
- The Shelf's Quick Note is also autosaved and will be restored if the app unexpectedly quits.
- Added a "Preview" section for controlling the preview orientation and visibility of the mini Info view.
- A toolbar with icons is now used to choose sections rather than text.
- Removed the ability to set the groups icon size. Together now uses the setting in General System Preferences.
- Renamed "Show Standard Groups" to "Show Item Groups".
- Added a setting for showing the Inbox in the groups outline.
- Added a setting for showing the Favorite Items group in the groups outline.
- Added a setting for showing Favorite groups in the groups outline.
- New design uses a cleaner, lighter look and makes more efficient use of the space available.
- Favorites now split between groups and items for greater visual consistency and to allow more specific features for each.
- Rich text is now allowed in Quick Notes.
- The Shelf now uses the system Quick Look panel.
- Added a contextual menu item to show a Quick Look preview.
- The preference "Show when importing from other apps" is now (back) in Import preferences.
- The Search bar for setting search options has been removed and replaced with a menu on the Search field.
- When the "Highlight search text in previews" option is selected, text found in HTML web pages will now be highlighted in yellow.
- When the "Highlight search text in previews" option is selected, text found in Quick Look previews is now highlighted.
- When the "Automatically rename bookmarks when saving" option is enabled in the Bookmarks section of Previews preferences, only bookmark files that are not linked to Together are renamed.
- Bookmark thumbnails are now updated every 24 hours, not every time the app is launched.
- The "Generate icon previews for bookmarks" option has now moved to the Bookmarks section of Previews preferences.
- Bookmarks in resource fork format are no longer supported.
- Encrypted items can no longer be stored outside the library. When first opening a library, you will be offered to move these files to the library and optionally store an alias in the original location. If you choose not to do this, you will be offered to move the files whenever working with linked encrypted items.
- When viewing encrypted items, the decrypted file is stored in a location outside out the library file, so it is not inadvertently synced or backed up in unencrypted form.
- Removed the ability to export tags to Spotlight comments as this is now served by OpenMeta.
- Moved the "Import OpenMeta tags", "Import Spotlight keywords as tags", and "Import Spotlight comments as tags and comments" options from Import preferences to Tags preferences.
- The auto-tagging feature has been removed.
- Added an "Library" sub-menu to the File menu with a list of previously opened libraries, the ability to create and open library files and access to the Library Manager panel.
- Libraries in the LIbrary Manager panel are now sorted by date last accessed.
- When importing a single item, the notification shown now includes the new item's name.
- The "Start at login" option in Together's Advanced preferences is no longer available. Apps can be set to open at login using the app's Dock menu.
Sandboxing (Mac App Store version)
- When launching Together to open a library that already exists, Together shows an Open panel to give the app permission to access that folder.
- Linking to files on the Desktop is no longer available.
- After opening a library for the first time with this version, Together will offer to move or copy encrypted linked files and linked files on the Desktop to the library folder.
- It is no longer possible to create or store libraries on the Desktop. Together will offer to move any existing libraries on launch.
- It is no longer possible to rename libraries not stored in iCloud or the app's sandbox container.
- Importing KIT libraries is no longer available.
- Together 2.6.8 — Last version of Together 2.x, requires OS X 10.6 and later.
- Together 2.4.5 — Last version that works on OS X 10.5.
- KIT 1.3.10 — Version 1.x of Together (not compatible with OS X 10.8 and later).
Use these applications to import data from other apps into Together:
- YojimboImporter.zip (1.2MB) — Version 3.0.2 Released May 16, 2013
- EvernoteImporter.zip (1.2MB) — Version 3.0.2 Released May 16, 2013
Use this to install the "Save PDF to Together" print service for the Mac App Store version: