Together Release Notes
Older versions and other downloads are available at the bottom of the page.
OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
February 23, 2015
- The Share extension's Add button now has a key equivalent of Enter.
- Fixed a problem where the content of plain text files would not appear when opened in a tab.
- The "Remove" toolbar button will now always move items to the Trash and has been renamed accordingly.
- When folder actions are used to import by moving, the app longer creates aliases in the original location to prevent importing aliases in a loop.
- Removed outdated message from the Mac App Store version that stated aliases could not be created on the Desktop after importing files or folders by moving.
Download: Together_3.4.dmg (12.7 MB)
OS X 10.10 Yosemite or later.
February 17, 2015
- Share extension for importing URLs.
- Markdown preview for plain text documents.
- New library management features.
- Improvements for previews, searching, removing items and more.
- Other fixes and improvements.
- Added a share extension for importing URLs from Safari (and any other apps that support Share extensions for URLs).
- The Reset Together panel now has an option to update all system groups.
- Updated document icons for Yosemite.
- It's now possible to empty Together's trash without confirmation, by holding on the Option key when choosing the command from the Together menu.
- The portrait list now uses the system font for text.
- The last selected items are now preserved after a search is cancelled, if possible.
- Labels in the item list and Shelf are now shown rounded corners, rather than semicircles each end.
- The Kind shown for encrypted files now matches iOS.
- The "Remove from Group" contextual menu item is now disabled when the consequence of removing an item means moving it to the Trash.
- Fixed a problem where images dragged from Safari wouldn't have URLs in the comments.
- It's now possible to show a markdown preview for plain text documents. Choose Preview > Show Markdown Preview from the menu. See the Preferences section for information on how to change the settings for the preview.
- Added a "Go to Page" item to the Preview menu for PDFs.
- Fixed an issue showing the PDF find bar.
- Fixed a problem in the plain text editor where "Set Name to Selected Text" wouldn't appear in the contextual menu.
- Increased the contrast on the encrypted item placeholder icon.
- - Tabs are now always visible when the app is full screen.
- Inactive tabs now appear darker when the mouse is moved over them.
- Improved the "Remove" contextual menu item to indicate whether the folder or group will be removed, hidden or moved to the Trash.
- Improved the appearance of the rating indicator in the smart group editor.
- Smart groups no longer allow empty text values.
- Fixed a problem where missing folders may not appear as missing.
- Added a Manage Libraries panel, available via the File > Library menu where libraries that are not the current library can be removed, including iCloud libraries, and library folders revealed
- Added a Trash Missing Files menu item to the File > Library menu. This will search the library for any missing folders and items and move them to the Trash.
- Fixed a problem where duplicate local libraries could be shown in the File > Library menu.
- Settings for the Markdown preview can be changed in Previews preferences. Open Together's Preferences, click Previews, select Plain Text and click Markdown Preview Settings to customize which extensions are used, set fonts or choose a stylesheet.
- Fixed a problem in Web Content preferences where the default fonts may not always be saved.
- Font preview boxes and shortcut key recorders now have a rounded appearance.
- Fixed a problem where the Shelf would allow rich text to be pasted (Shelf only supports plain text notes).
- Fixed an issue where the count of untagged items would be incorrect when the "Show Trash Tags" option was off and untagged items are in the Trash.
- Together 3.2.3 — Requires OS X 10.9 or later.
- Together 3.1.7 — Requires OS X 10.8 or later.
- Together 2.6.8 — Last version of Together 2.x, requires OS X 10.6 and later.
- Together 2.4.5 — Last version that works on OS X 10.5.
- KIT 1.3.10 — Version 1.x of Together (incompatible with OS X 10.8 and later).
Use these applications to import data from other apps into Together:
- YojimboImporter.zip (1.2MB) — Version 3.2 July 11, 2014
- EvernoteImporter.zip (1.2MB) — Version 3.2.1 October 23, 2014
Use this to install the "Save PDF to Together" print service for the Mac App Store version: