Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard or later.
January 22, 2013
- Fixed incorrect display of the scheduled badge in the sidebar.
- Fixed a problem where the item iTunes Artwork upload settings panel could be shown when there was no file to upload.
- Sparkle Appcasts: added a "Sparkle 1.5 Edge" framework version to disable the requirement for a DSA signature when apps are distributed with a Developer ID. Note this will only work in your app when using a version of Sparkle as compiled from the latest GitHub source.
- Updated FTP / SFTP software.
Download: Feeder_2.3.6.dmg (7.0 MB)
December 17, 2012
- Updated the iTunes Podcast Preview to match iTunes 11.
- Increased the default size for cropped/resized podcast artwork to 1400 pixels to match the latest recommendations.
- Removed the limit on podcast image size that can be entered in Podcasts preferences.
- Fixed a problem where the Sparkle Minimum System Version tag would be incorrectly included in the feed.
- Fixed an AppleScript problem setting an enclosure file not to be uploaded next time when creating a new item.
- Fixed a problem where import feeds with empty date tags could fail.
- Fixed a problem with the link to the podcasting tutorial in the Help files.
- The tilde character (~) is now stripped from generated filenames.
- Validation improvements.
October 23, 2012
- Fixed a problem where the setting "Verify Peer Certificates" for FTP servers would not be remembered after a relaunch.
- Fixed a problem where a local thumbnail image could be used when sharing to Facebook.
- Remembers whether item Description, iTunes Subtitle or iTunes Summary was last used and shows that when opening a new editing window.
- Ensure future support for posting Twitter updates.
August 29, 2012
- Added support for including a Flattr auto-submit URL in feeds.
- Accessibility improvements.
- When creating online filenames, Feeder now removes quotation marks and limits the length to 50 characters, plus the file extension.
- When retrieving Facebook pages, Feeder now only shows pages with permission to post.
- Fixed a problem on OS X 10.8 where Feeder may not show the artwork box when attaching appropriate enclosure files.
- Fixed a hang that could occur when announcing an item to Facebook and the image tag is closed with > not />.
- Fixed a problem retrieving Facebook pages when some of the pages have no names.
- Added scripting support for setting a Sparkle minimum system version and settings an enclosure file to be uploaded next time the feed is published.
July 25, 2012
- Retina graphics.
- OS X 10.8: Additional Sharing Services are now available when clicking the Share toolbar item, and in the Item > Share menu on Mountain Lion.
- OS X 10.8: Feeder now uses the Notification Center when posting notifications on Mountain Lion.
- Updated iTunes U categories.
- Adjustment to the layout of default toolbars.
May 23, 2012
- Fixed a problem where publishing to Amazon S3 would cause the app to quit for some users.
- Fixed a problem where publishing using file export would stall.
- Fixed a problem where choosing to submit a podcast to iTunes would show a blank page in the iTunes Store.
- Ensure newlines cannot be accidentally included in pasted URLs.
May 4, 2012
- Fixed a problem where items could not be shared to Facebook and Twitter manually.
- Added an explanatory note to the Site Folder field for FTP servers in the Servers window.
May 3, 2012
- Added the ability to reorder all the items in a feed by title or publication date by choosing File > Reorder Items from the menu.
- It is now possible to copy or move feeds to Feeder's library within the app by choosing File > Unlink Feed from the menu. When moving the feed, Feeder can optionally place an alias in the original location.
- Added a Share toolbar item for posting to Facebook and Twitter.
- As Twitter now wraps all URLs in the t.co URL shortener (even if you are using another shortener), Feeder now considers all URLs posted to Twitter to be the length of t.co URLs.
- Feeder now handles expiring authentication at Facebook and will show a validation error if authentication has expired when set to automatically send updates.
- Added a Share submenu to the Items menu for posting to Twitter and Facebook.
- Renamed the old Share panel to "Links".
- Renamed the "Announcements" Info section to "Sharing" and changed the icon.
- New default size for iTunes podcast artwork now 1200 pixels square.
- Removed the upper limit for iTunes podcast artwork in Podcast preferences.
- Online iTunes Artwork can now be specified on a per-item basis. Drag the image file to the artwork box next to the enclosure to upload and embed the artwork in the media file.
- Added an iTunes Artwork field for specifying a URL for iTunes artwork, which can be enabled by editing the item template.
- It is no longer possible to create MobileMe servers.
- Feeder will now post Growl notifications even if Growl is not installed.
- Updated FTP and SFTP software.
- Feeder_2.2.5.dmg — Requires an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
- Feeder_2.1.10.dmg — Requires a PowerPC Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.
- Feeder_1.5.10.dmg — Previous version. Requires Mac OS X 10.4 - 10.7.x (incompatible with 10.8 and later).