Keep It Downloads
Download a 15-day trial of Keep It here, which can be converted to the full version after purchase. Other downloads, including versions for older versions of macOS, are available at the bottom of the page.
macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later.
September 19, 2018
- Fixed an issue where searching a web page for text could show more results than were visible.
- Fixed an issue where found text could be highlighted for saved searches that search content.
- Fixed an issue where the wrong summary could be shown for a newly created note.
- Fixed an issue attaching a file to a note with AppleScript.
- Fixed an issue where the share extension would not look correct in Dark Mode.
- Convert all rich text files (and optionally plain text files) to notes using the command in the Keep It > Library menu.
- Added the ability to save links from Apple News for offline.
Download: KeepIt_1.5.dmg (9.7 MB)
macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later.
September 17, 2018
- Dark Mode in macOS Mojave
- Highlight search results in content
- See unfiled items
- Improvements to the item list
- Improvements to saved searches, Markdown editing and previews, PDFs, bookmarklets and more
- AppleScript support
Dark Mode (macOS Mojave)
- Added support for Dark Mode and accent colors on macOS Mojave.
- The text and background colors of notes will automatically adjust for dark mode, unless customized.
- Added an “Always show notes as light content” option to the note styles editor.
- The built-in Markdown editor and preview styles will switch between dark and light versions according to your System Preferences.
- Added an “Always show light content” option to Markdown settings.
- To see Unfiled items, choose Keep It > Preferences from the menu and enable “Show Lists: Unfiled” in General preferences. The Unfiled list will be shown below all other folders and bundles.
- To see items with no label, choose Keep It > Preferences from the menu and enable “Show Lists: No Label” in General preferences.
- Fixed a performance issue when selecting a folder with lots of bundles.
- It’s now possible to show zero preview lines in the item list.
- The date and summary are now shown on the same line.
- It’s now possible to hide the date altogether, while still showing the summary.
- It’s now possible to always show the Kind at the start of the summary.
- A tooltip will now appear when hovering the mouse arrow over a name that is too long to be completely visible.
- Keep It can now highlight the search result in notes, rich and plain text files, Markdown files, PDFs, web pages and AppleScript files.
- When highlighting found content and the document is made active (e.g. by clicking in it), the find bar will be displayed with the first term filled in.
- To disable the highlighting of found text, click in the search field to make it active, click the magnifying glass, and uncheck “Highlight found content”
- Content searches will now honour whether or not the search matches on all or any individual words when not searching phrases.
- Added a “does not contain” condition for name, comments, source and filename.
- Added an “Include nested folders and bundles” option for saved searches that target folders.
- Fixed an issue where the same name could be shown multiple times in search suggestions.
- Paste links by choosing Markdown > Paste Link from the menu. Both title and URL will be filled out, if available.
- Dragging links or Keep It items to Markdown files will insert an appropriate Markdown link to the web page or item.
- When previewing Markdown files, code marked with a language in fenced code blocks will now be include syntax highlighting (internet connection required).
- Find and highlight all occurences of text in Markdown previews.
- Keep It now remembers the last used Markdown export format.
- Highlights with notes are now indicated by a triangle on the corner of the highlight.
- When finding text, all occurrences will be highlighted, and the number of results will be shown.
- It’s now possible to find occurrences of text in web links and saved web pages.
- Zoom content of web articles and web links with the trackpad or Magic Mouse.
- It’s now possible to use bookmarklets that override the defaults, allowing the creation of web links in all supported formats. See More Bookmarklets for information.
- Tags on items can now be shared between users. Initially, the owner’s tags will replace any other participant’s tags.
- When first saving to iCloud, progress is now shown for for the “Preparing to save” step.
- Keep It is now a scriptable app.
- Get and set properties on items, folders, bundles, labels, saved searches and tags.
add filesto import files, optionally specifying a destination for the new items, tag names, and whether to copy or move the files.
add linkto add a web link, optionally specifying whether to save for offline, the format, tags and destination for the new item.
add textto create a note or editable text file optionally specifying tags, format for the new item, a destination, or append text to an existing item whose text can be edited.
attach fileto attach a file to a note or rich text document.
exportto export an item, folder, bundle or other list.
remove itemsto add items to and remove items from bundles.
remove tagsto add tags to and remove tags from items.
- The standard
deletecommands can be used where appropriate.
- When importing from Evernote, PDFs embedded in notes will be shown inline by default.
- When opening item links, Keep It will now either select the item in the list or open the item in a new window, depending on the “New document” setting in General preferences.
- Fixed an issue adding a web link without specifying a protocol.
- The Date Added can now be edited in the File Info popover.
- Keep It now requires macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later.
- Keep It 1.4.8 — requires macOS 10.12 Sierra and later.
Use this to install the "Save PDF to Keep It" print service:
Use this to import from Yojimbo: