Keep It Downloads
Download a 15-day trial of Keep It here, which can be converted to the full version after purchase. Other downloads, including versions for older versions of macOS, are available at the bottom of the page.
macOS Catalina 10.15 or later.
February 24, 2021
- Search for items by their attachments
- Saved searches can now find shared items, and items by their file size
- Search for items that are not of a particular kind
- Hierarchical folder and bundle list in the Share extension and Import view
- Option to automatically use the last import destination by default
- Choose a format when saving existing web links
- Option to underline links in notes
- Improved reliability when sharing items and folders
- Search for items that have attachments, by presence, name or kind. When searching, suggestions will be shown for attachments that exist in your library.
- It’s now possible to search for items that are not of a particular kind.
- Saved searches can now find items by their file size.
- Saved searches can now find shared items.
- On macOS Big Sur, the item count will now always be shown when searching.
- The saved search editor now includes separators in the field menu.
- iCloud progress for saves is now shown as a percentage.
- Improved reliability when sharing items and folders.
- Fixed an issue where saving to iCloud could continue when everything has been deleted from iCloud on another device.
- “Empty Deleted Items” is now only shown in the sidebar contextual menu if Deleted Items or one of its subfolders is selected.
- Use Command-Up and Down arrows to scroll to the beginning and end of the list without changing the selected item (use Option and the arrow keys to select the first or last item, as in earlier versions).
- The “Where” pop-up shown in the Share extension and Import View is now hierarchical.
- In Import preferences, it’s now possible to set the Default Import Destination to “Last Used”, and that will apply when using the Share extension or import view.
- Recent items and lists are now shared between the app and the share extension. Recents from earlier versions of Keep It will not be used.
- Improved fetching summaries from HTML files in some cases.
- Fixed a crash that could occur at startup when there is an invalid import created by the Share extension.
- It’s now possible to show links in notes as underlined — change the setting by clicking Edit Styles in Fonts preferences and selecting the Body style.
Rich Text Files
- Rich Text files will now show PDFs inline by default to match TextEdit and the thumbnails produced by Quick Look on the Mac. Choose Format > View PDFs in Place from the menu to toggle that behavior on or off for all rich text files.
- When viewing a web link, use the Web Link > Save As menu to choose a format.
- The Save As Stationery menu item has moved from the File menu to the Item menu.
- It’s no longer possible to create an alias to Keep It’s Files folder insider that Files folder.
- Version 1.9
- Version 1.8
- Version 1.7
- Version 1.6
- Version 1.5
- Version 1.4
- Version 1.3
- Version 1.2
- Version 1.1
- Version 1.0
- Keep It 1.8.21 — requires macOS 10.13 High Sierra and later.
- Keep It 1.4.8 — requires macOS 10.12 Sierra and later.
Apple Notes Importer
Use this to import from Apple Notes (requires Keep It 1.9 and macOS 10.15 or later):
Install PDF Service
Use this to install the "Save PDF to Keep It" print service:
Update Finder Comments
This will install a script that Keep It can use to update Finder comments. See the Support page for more information: